Visa Information and Tips
The kind of visa that you require for entry into the UAE depends on several different factors such as your nationality, the purpose of your planned visit and its planned duration. Please read the following notes carefully. Regulations do change from time to time and, whilst we do endeavour to keep up to date with these notes, please do not rely upon them for complete accuracy. You should also check with your airline and regional UAE embassy or consulate.
Information for Singaporeans visiting UAE
A Singapore citizen will be granted a visit visa free of charge on his/her arrival to the UAE. The passport will simply be stamped with the visit visa as you pass through the immigration section at any of UAE checkpoints. For more information on visa extension during your stay in the UAE, please contact the nearby Immigration Department in the Emirate of your first entry.
Singaporean visitor accompanied by foreign citizen
Kindly take the proper procedures to obtain an entry visa for your companions before travelling to UAE. You should also check with your airline and regional UAE Embassy or consulate.
If your country is not one of the above mentioned countries, kindly check with the nearest UAE embassy/consulate for updates to the list.
If entry visa is required, you will need a sponsor to get it for you prior to your arrival in the UAE.
Sponsors could be one of the following:
1. Hotels and tourist companies can apply , on your behalf, for:
a. 30-day Tourist Visa , which can be extended to 40 day
b. 4-day Service Visa , or
c. 30-day Visit Visa , which can be extended for 30 days
2. Airlines and airlines handlers can apply on behalf of their crew members for a 96-hour Transit Visa.
3. Other UAE organizations may apply only for Visit, or Service Visas
Individuals (relatives or friends) already resident in the UAE may also, subject to guidelines, apply on your behalf for a Visit Visa
If you are passing through the UAE and don't need to stay longer than a day or two, you can get a Transit Visa, valid for 14 days from issue and good for 96 hours on arrival. You will need a confirmed hotel reservation.
Coming to the UAE as an employee is completely different. In this case, your employer is your sponsor and must apply for your visa.
Requirements for a Work Visa application:
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months more when applying for an Entry Permit.
- Recent colour photographs (not Polaroid photographs)
If you're already in the UAE, you need to leave the country before you can get a new entry permit.
Documents required for a Visa could include the following:
- Passport copies
- Copy of confirmed flight booking
- Bank approval letter
- Passport-sized colour photographs
- Visa fee
Visa application form, duly filled
Immigration Departments in the UAE
1. General Directorate of Residence and Foreigners Affairs - Abu Dhabi
2. Dubai Department of Naturalization and Residency
3. Sharjah Directorate for Naturalization and Residence Department
4. Umm Al-Qaiwain Naturalization and Residency Department
5. Ajman Naturalization and Residency Department
Naturalization and Residency, Ra's Al-Khaimah