The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MoFAIC) scholarship program provides outstanding Emirati students with an opportunity to pursue their academic career. Students will be dispatched abroad to study in one of the world's top universities. The overall goal is to let students specialize in areas that fulfil the UAE diplomatic needs, and provide qualified UAE cadres and generation with the highest educational levels.
- Applicant must be a UAE national.
- Applicant must be of good conduct
- Applicant must be 21 years of age or younger
- Applicant must be a high school graduate, with a high school average of 90% in the last academic year, or equivalent.
- Arabic language score shall not be less than 80% in the last academic year, or equivalent (3 years average)
- Should get IELTS (Academic Module) band score of 6.0 or above, or TOEFL scores of 70, or equivalent.
- Should have obtained an admission from the university (the list of universities and specializations approved by MoFAIC are shown here)
- Agree to study a third language, if requested.
- Agree to work for MoFAIC in the diplomatic corps for a period of not less than 15 years.
- Agree to join Emirates Diplomatic Academy (EDA) upon graduation
- Provide parental consent.
*Note: Admission procedures will include additional tests and conditions
- Health insurance for the student and his/her family members.
- Annual books allowance of AED 6000
- Travel allowance of AED 5000
- Flight tickets:
- For single students: two (2) return tickets annually.
- For married students: one (1) return ticket for the candidate, spouse and children annually
- Tuition fees for the entire undergraduate degree are fully covered.
- Student's financial entitlements shall be based on the location of the study
- Housing costs shall be covered from the student's salary
- The monthly salary (in AED) shall be based on the location of study and social status as shown hereunder:
- Valid Passport Copy (including the last page of the passport with unified number).
- Family Book Copy
- Emirates ID Copy, both sides.
- Birth Certificate Copy
- Colored Personal Photo
- Transcripts Copy for grades Ten, Eleven and the first term of grade Twelve
- One of English language certificates with scores as mentioned in the
"First" paragraph above
- A University Admission Letter
- A certificate of Exemption / deferment / completion of the National Service for male students
- Certificate of Good Conduct
* Note: Please attach required documents in a PDF format on registration
First Stage: Scholarship to study abroad for bachelor's degree
Second Stage: Enrollment in EDA's Post-Graduate Diploma in UAE Diplomacy and International Relations program
Final Stage: Work for MoFAIC as diplomatic attaché.